Get on the bus and enroll with us! Greenbrier County Schools (GCS) will host preschool and kindergarten registration on two dates and locations for children who will be four years old before July 1, 2023, for preschool and five years old before July 1, 2023, for kindergarten. Students currently enrolled in a GCS Pre-K program will be automatically enrolled in kindergarten in their home school district; therefore, parents of GCS Pre-K students will not need to attend a registration session.
Preschool and Kindergarten registration will take place at the following locations:
- March 21 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the old Greenbrier County Board Office, 197 Chestnut St.; Lewisburg
- March 22 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. at Rupert Elementary School; Crawley
What to bring (children do not need to be present to register):
- Preschool parents should complete the online application linked here
- Official State issued birth certificate (not a copy);
- immunization record;
- copy of the current physical exam
- copy of the most recent dental exam
- two proofs of residency;
- social security card of the child; and
- relevant custody order, if applicable.
- Preschool parents should also bring proof of income.
- Preschool parents should also bring a copy of their child’s insurance card.
Kindergarten early entrance testing will be conducted in June 2023. To be eligible for this early-entrance evaluation process, a child must be five (5) years old between July 1 and September 15, 2023. Results of the tests and evaluations must provide evidence that the child has sufficient intellectual maturity and must also show social, emotional, and physical maturity to function within the academic setting. Parents may contact Nancy Hanna, Associate Superintendent, at 304-647-6470 by May 31, 2023, to request an appointment for kindergarten early-entrance testing.